CHILDREN FROM 30 MONTHS TO FIVE YEARS
The emphasis is on countinuing emotional, physical and cognitive growth wile also developing social skills. Children are introduced to the idea of structured group learning for a portion of the day. Preschoolers learn letters, numbers, shapes, colors and skills such as using scissors and glue.
Our goal is to create a positive learning experience and to prepare children for a positive future. We use the "learning through play" theory as our base. With respectful guidance and a familiar schedule, we negotiate this playful world with the goal of building self-esteem, free expression and pre-social interaction.
The curriculum is based on open learning centers from which the children can choose activities. The curriculum includes:
Gross Motor Skills:
- Creative movement
- Outside Play
Fine Motor Skills:
- Responsibility for own actions
- Following directions
- Appropriate response to questions and comments
- Assertiveness (expressing feelings/emotions appropriately)
- General knowledge and comprehension of:
* body parts * shapes * colors * numbers * letters * directional/positional * concepts * fostering creativitiy * science and discovery