CHILDREN FROM 12 MONTHS TO 29 MONTHS
This is a perfect age for exploring! In the Toddler Room, our first priority is to provide a nurturing and safe environment. We recognize that each child is an individual and we strive to accommodate his or her own personal needs and differences.
Some skills needed to participate in the Toddler Room:
School lunch/"big people" food, use a sippy cup (no bottle), 1 nap/day (naptime pacifier only), walking in outside shoes.
In the Toddler Room we learn and grow through everything we do.
- Awareness of others and their feelings
- Music Time
- Gross Motor Activities
- Sensory Development and experience
- Language development (comprehension, vocabulary)
- Self control abilities
- Manipulative abilities
- Dancing to music
- Art activities
- Self-help skills
- Basic manners apparent and developing
- Ability to follow directions (verbal and physical)
- Communication skills (effective and acceptable methods)